- Commercial Litigation
- Surety Claims
- Mediation and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Real Estate Litigation
- Insurance Coverage
- Successfully arbitrated $2 million of claims involving fraud claims, partnership fiduciary claims, and construction defect claims arising out of construction of a hotel in the Bakken oil patch.
- Successfully represented contractor against city on dispute over special assessment before the Minnesota Court of Appeals. Sheehy Construction Company v. City of Centerville, 2016 WL 3961803 (Minn. Ct. App. July 25, 2016).
- Represented public owner in lawsuit against general contractor for breach of contract claims and replevin, resulting in favorable settlement.
- Represented public owner in lawsuit against general contractor and design professional for construction and design defect claims arising from repairs to a hydraulic dam, resulting in favorable settlement.
- Represented subcontract in lawsuit against owner and general contractor for breach of contract and delay claims, resulting in favorable settlement.
- Represented contractors and owners related to mechanic’s lien claims and other claims for payment.
- Represented contractors and owners related to claims of defective work.
- Represented contractors in claims against subcontractors, and subcontractors in claims against contractors.
- Represented contractors and owners in claims seeking coverage under general liability builder’s risk, errors and omissions insurance policies.
- Drafted and negotiated construction contracts, change orders, and other documents for contractors, subcontractors, and owners on projects.
Member, Construction Law Section, Minnesota State Bar Association
Member, American Bar Association, Forum on the Construction Industry
Publications & Presentations
Fifty State Bond and Lien Law: Minnesota (3rd Ed. Aspen, 2013; 4th Ed. in 2017)
Debtor-Creditor Handbook, Minnesota Continuing Legal Education (2014, 2016)
Construction Management/Design-Build in Minnesota, Lorman Seminar (2014)
Collecting from Third Parties, Minnesota Continuing Legal Education Seminar (2014)
Mechanic’s Liens in Minnesota, Minnesota Continuing Legal Education Webcast (2015)
- J.D., University of Minnesota Law School, cum laude, 2010
- B.A., St. Olaf College, magna cum laude, 2007
- State of Minnesota, 2010
- United States District Court, Minnesota, 2013